Let's Meet Together
To Worship the Lord
Sunday, June 27
With Guest Preacher Mike McKinley, Sterling Park Baptist Church
Call to Worship: Psalm 121
Hymn: "He Who Is Mighty"
Scripture Reading and Prayer: Philippians 1:3-11
Hymn: "Behold Our God"
Scripture Reading: Jude 24-25
Sermon: "Him Who Is Able"
Hymn: "He Will Hold Me Fast"
Benediction: Ephesians 6:10-11
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
As we gather indoors for weekly worship services, we have put in place the following safeguards, aimed at maintaining a safe and clean environment during the pandemic.
As you consider these precautions, let’s remember that one of our goals and callings as the church is to be a welcoming place, not only for the strongest and healthiest, but also for the weakest and most vulnerable.
Before coming to the church building – either for a Sunday service or during the week – please consider the following:
- Those who are sick or unwell should not come to the church building.
- If you or anyone in your household has been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 (currently or within the last 14 days), please remain at home and follow the CDC’s recommendations.
In compliance with CDC recommendations, we are asking everyone in attendance to
- Please follow new building signage/floor markings to maintain safe distance.
- In order to maintain safe physical distance, we will limit seating capacity to 50 percent maximum capacity, which is approximately 205 people. During the entire pandemic, we have not exceeded 70 people in attendance, so there is plenty of room for everyone to worship.
- As you gather with us, please sit with a responsible distance (6 feet) between yourself and others – unless you re with family or the two parties have a mutual understanding of not practicing social distancing with one another.
The Lord’s Supper
We will celebrate the Lord's Supper using pre-packaged elements. In order to avoid the spread of the virus, we will not distribute the prepackaged elements. Instead, you can find the elements stationed at several stations inside the Worship Center.
Cleaning and Sanitization
All meeting spaces and restrooms are sanitized after every gathering. We are also providing several hand-sanitization stations throughout the building. We ask that those who gather with us minimize usage of the restrooms at this time. Please limit restroom usage to one person/family at a time.
Children in Church
During the pandemic, we are not offering Children's Ministry during our Worship Service. However, we welcome all children of all ages in the worship service. We also welcome the added sound that inherently comes with children. Please do not let having your children in service prohibit you from coming! We love your children and joyfully welcome the extra noise if it means being able to gather as a church family.
Those nursing mothers who need a space during the service may now utilize our Mother's Room (adjacent to the Green Room near the rear entrance of the church.)
Offering boxes will be available to the left and right of the main entrance of the church. You may also give online or mail your gifts to Providence Baptist Church, 8980 Brook Road, McLean, VA, 22102.
Food and Drinks
Post-Service coffee and refreshments have been suspended for this season.
Exiting the Building
Please pay particular attention to social distancing as you are dismissed, leaving aisles clear and not crowding the exits.