Providence’s Children’s Ministry exists to serve parents by caring for their children so that they can attentively hear the preaching of God’s Word at our morning Worship service and at our evening Praise and Prayer Service.
Our Children’s Ministry also provides your children with a safe environment in which they can be taught the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Children’s Ministry Curriculum
Providence uses Lifeway’s The Gospel Project curriculum, which takes kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. It is the gospel, not good behavior, that changes everything. With The Gospel Project, your children will be immersed in the gospel through:
- Christ-centered Study that helps children understand how all Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation, gives testimony to Jesus Christ.
- Chronological Study Plan that shows how the Bible is not just a collection of stories, but one unified story— God’s story of redemption.
- Essential Doctrines that help children grasp the theological truths and central themes of the Christian faith.
What Are Sundays Like for Children?
- Sunday School Hour for Kids, Ages 0 to Twelve-Years-Old (9:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m.)
- Sing songs
- Read Scripture
- Activity/Craft Time
- Main Service Hour (10:30 a.m.–11:45 a.m.)
- Drop off for 0 to five-year-olds starts at 10:15 a.m. in Children’s Wing
- Kids between the ages of six and ten join their parents in the Worship Service until just before the sermon.
- Large Group Singing/Teaching time for Preschool–Young Kids
- Dismiss from large group into age-segregated classes
When I Arrive, How Do I Check in My Kid(s)?
Check-in is easy! Simply go to the Welcome Desk in the Children’s Wing. You can also do self-check-in using one of the check-in computers. Simply type in some basic info, click “Done,” and you’ll receive a printed sticker to place on your child’s back along with a pick-up sticker for yourself.
When Do Kids (Ages 6-10) Leave the Service and Where Do They Go?
Kids, ages six to ten, attend the morning service until just before the sermon when they are dismissed to the Children’s Wing. At that time, a Children’s Ministry Team Leader will escort your child to the Large Group Room in the Children’s Wing to drop them off for their Gospel Project class.
Children gather together in the Large Group Room for group time, which includes: songs, Bible reading, short Gospel Project Bible video, Bible teaching, and group activity. This lasts about 30 minutes.
When large group time concludes, a teacher escorts the children to their age-appropriate classroom. In their classroom time, they will hear more teaching and complete fun activities reinforcing the Gospel Project material. This last about 30 minutes.
You will pick up your child after the service from their classroom.
What Is Provided for Babies, Nursing Mothers, and Families?
Providence offers a Family Room for young families with young children, which is around the circular hall after the Children’s Wing.
Providence Is a Kid-Friendly Church
Children of all ages are more than welcome to stay for the entirety of our worship service. Every sound and movement are simply a happy reminder that children are a precious gift from the Lord.
Kids Worship Notes
For families who have their kids sit in the entirety of the service, we will soon have Kids Worship Notes, which will help your children follow along with the sermon in a fun and interactive way.
I’m a Church Member Who Wants to Help in Children’s Ministry?
That’s great news! For more information, contact Melissa Eichelberger at